Having recently changed to a GoPro Hero 10, I was disappointed to find that the GoPro WebCam application doesn’t work on Windows 11. This is a driver problem that GoPro has yet to fix. Fortunately, there’s a quick fix that will get the camera working again. Here are the steps to take:
- Make sure the GoPro WebCam app is running on your PC. It should be visible in the task panel.
- Power up and connect your Hero 10 using a USB cable; the GoPro should display USB connected.
- Open Device Manager – Network adapters and you should see the GoPro listed as GoPro UsbNcm Host Device with an exclamation mark. The exclamation mark indicates a driver problem.
- Right-click on the GoPro entry and choose “Update Drivers” – “Browse my computer for drivers”
- In the next window choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”
- You will probably see two drivers, the GoPro and a generic driver called “UsbNcm Host Device”.
- Choose the generic device and click Next
- That will update the driver.
- Exit and restart the GoPro WebCam application and your camera should be working again.