Zabbix is an excellent monitoring tool for larger computer networks but there are times when the Admin password needs to be reset. Fortunately, this is easy to do with the following steps:
- Open Mysql or whatever database you are using. For MySql use: mysql.exe -uroot -p
- Enter the following line, but change ‘mynewpassword’ to your new password:
- update zabbix.users set passwd=md5(‘mynewpassword’) where alias=’Admin’;
- NB: Don’t forget the semicolon at the end of the line.
- To exit MySql enter: quit;
- You will also need to restart the webserver with: sudo systemctl restart zabbix-server
- That’s it