I recently changed my keyboard/mouse combo to a Perixx Periduo-712. When I restarted the Pi, I found that my mouse pointer had become very slow. A quick look around the Internet revealed a fix as follows:
To speed-up the mouse, you need to amend a line in the cmdline.txt file in the boot directory. Here’s how to do that:
- Open a terminal session and enter: sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
- That will open the file in the Nano text editor.
- You will see that the file has a single long line and we need to add our changes to the end of that line.
- At the end of that line, enter a space followed by: usbhid.mousepoll=0
- Next press Ctl-x followed by y to close and save the amended file.
- Enter: sudo reboot from the terminal session to restart the Pi and your mouse should be fine!