Version 2.0.0 of WSJT-X brings several new enhancements but is incompatible with previous versions of WSJT-X. As a result, all users must update to version 2.0.0. The update process shown below can also be used for a new installation. In the case of an upgrade, all your settings are
Here’s the step by step update guide:
- Use the Pi browser to navigate to the WSJT-X site at: https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, under the title ‘Installation Packages for WSJT-X’ select and download Raspbian Stretch, ARMv6,… wsjtx_2.0.0_armhf.deb
- When the download is complete, open a terminal session and enter cd /home/pi/Downloads
- Next enter: sudo dpkg -i wsjtx_2.0.0_armhf.deb
- This will install the new version over the top of your old installation, but will preserve your settings.
- That’s it!
Mike – G4WNC